Michael Liskow has extensive experience litigating complex class actions on behalf of plaintiffs in consumer fraud, data breach, antitrust, wage and hour, securities, and housing matters, among others. This includes, among others:
- Currently acting as lead counsel in a class action against the California State Compensation Insurance Fund on behalf of businesses charged improper workers’ compensation insurance rates.
- Currently acting as co-lead counsel in a class action against the City of New York and other defendants on behalf of applicants for Mitchell-Lama housing who were denied due to the defendants’ due process violations.
- Serving as lead counsel in a class action against Bethpage Federal Credit Union and others for violations of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, resulting in a full recovery for each class member.
- Serving as lead counsel in a class action on behalf of overbilled Verizon consumers which resulted in a full recovery, plus interest and fees, for every class member.
- Acting as lead counsel for the data breach class actions Mizrahi v. NBEO (D. Md.) and Bokelman v. FCH Enterprises (D. Haw.), and the consumer fraud class action Berger v. L.L. Bean (E.D.N.Y.).
- Representing consumers in numerous class actions challenging unfair and deceptive business practices, including against L.L.Bean, Nestlé Waters, Mondelēz, GNC, Banner Life Insurance, GNC and Vibram.
- Representing a class of institutional and individual investors who suffered losses resulting from their investment in Goldman Sachs mortgage-backed securities, resulting in a recovery of over $272 million. See Neca-Ibew Health & Welfare Fund et al v. Goldman Sachs & Co. et al, Case No. 1:08-cv-10783 (S.D.N.Y.).
- Extensive involvement in litigating complex antitrust actions against Apple, Keurig Green Mountain and the leading domestic airlines.
- Litigating a class action on behalf of overcharged tenants of Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village resulting in a $173 million recovery, the largest recovery for tenants in United States history. See Roberts v Tishman Speyer Props., L.P., Case No. 100956/07 (New York Supreme Court, New York County).
Michael joined the Firm in 2018. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was a clerk for the Honorable Steven H. Levinson of the Supreme Court of Hawai`i, an associate at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, and a Fulbright Teaching Assistant to the Slovak Republic. He has been selected as a New York Super Lawyers “Rising Star” each year between 2013-2018, and a New York “Super Lawyer” in 2019.